sending mail from websites fail

momzeycom

sending mail from websites fail

Postby momzeycom » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:41 pm

Websites on other servers in the network could send mail with no problem with using the MailEnable instace as the SMTP server.
Suddenly is stopped working this is the error I am getting back:

"Message:User not local; please try a different path. The server response was: This mail server requires authentication before sending mail from a locally hosted domain. Please reconfigure your mail client to authenticate before sending mail."

StackTrace:

at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)
at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, Byte[] command, MailAddress from, Boolean allowUnicode)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
at DotNetNuke.Services.Mail.Mail.SendMailInternal(MailMessage mailMessage, String subject, String body, MailPriority priority, MailFormat bodyFormat, Encoding bodyEncoding, IEnumerable`1 attachments, String smtpServer, String smtpAuthentication, String smtpUsername, String smtpPassword, Boolean smtpEnableSSL)

I must have made some changes that caused it to now fail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and Happy New Year.

cfdynamics

Re: sending mail from websites fail

Postby cfdynamics » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:22 pm

You can resolve that by adding the IPs of your webservers to the list of "Privledged IPs" under the relay tab of the SMTP service

momzeycom

Re: sending mail from websites fail

Postby momzeycom » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:12 pm

I'll check it, I swear it was working before I made changes. I don't remember changing that. But then, if I did remember i wouldn't be lost in space. Thanks