SSL for several domains

ebspain

SSL for several domains

Postby ebspain » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:00 am

Hi,

I have this issue...in the same server there are 5 domains under the same IP, I want to install SSL connection for a couple of domains, first of all I know that I need to get a new 2 IPs for them (It is windows 2008 R2) so:

mail.domain1.com IP1 and certificate1
mail.domain2.com IP2 and certificate2
and the rest 3 domains under the old IP

and now? How to proceed with mail enable? May I setup a diferent certificate for each domain?

after read the manual and other answer in the forum I guess that I might get a generic domain just an new IP and a certificate as:
mail.genericdomain.com IP1 and certificate1 so these two domains' users connect to mail.genericdomain.com but...is it going to be a problem? are they going to be threat as spammers? because the same thru mail.genericdomain.com and their email are like user1@domain1.com and user1@domain2.com

THANKS!
Best regards,
Rafael

cfdynamics

Re: SSL for several domains

Postby cfdynamics » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:23 pm

We have been using a generic SSL cert for several years and have not had issues with anything being reported as SPAM. For your users' mail client, they will either need to use the name specified on the SSL cert or set it to allow any certificate, otherwise they will get a warning about the cert not matching the name specified in the client.

ebspain

Re: SSL for several domains

Postby ebspain » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:32 am

cfdynamics thank you for you answer!!