Moderated List Problem

DavidLPeng

Moderated List Problem

Postby DavidLPeng » Sat May 31, 2008 1:07 am

Does anyone have any issues in running List?

I'm using Professional v.3. I set one up for testing and restricted only member can post. Then I tried sending an email from one of the non-admin member to the list. The moderator is not receiving anything to be approved. I also tried sending an email to the list from non-member. Nothing shows up on moderator's inbox.

Thoughts?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Postby MailEnable-Ian » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:38 am

Hi,

Have you tried tracing the message within the log files? Also which version 3.x are you running? If not 3.14 then please upgrade.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

DavidLPeng

Postby DavidLPeng » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:07 am

It's starting to work after reinstall. However, when members of the list send email to the list, it always display moderator's address. Can't it be changed so that the from is the individual member? not the moderator addres nor the list address?

MauryMac

Postby MauryMac » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:02 pm

DavidLPeng wrote:It's starting to work after reinstall. However, when members of the list send email to the list, it always display moderator's address. Can't it be changed so that the from is the individual member? not the moderator addres nor the list address?

I am also having a similar issue. In the ME Webmail (im currently running Pro 3.10) it always shows up as coming from the list owner or moderator. In Outlook, it shows up coming in from the list owner, but also says "on behalf of xxxxx" and includes the persons name that sent the reply. Can this be fixed in the webmail? Or is it fixed in 3.5 perhaps? Been running great for months now, no real reason to upgrade, but i will if the fix is included in this release.

Thanks

maury

Sid

Postby Sid » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:32 pm

Did anyone find a way to remove the "on behalf of"? I just posted the same message to the enterprise forums.

Thanks

stonecutter

Re: Moderated List Problem

Postby stonecutter » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:06 pm

DavidLPeng wrote:Does anyone have any issues in running List?

I'm using Professional v.3. I set one up for testing and restricted only member can post. Then I tried sending an email from one of the non-admin member to the list. The moderator is not receiving anything to be approved. I also tried sending an email to the list from non-member. Nothing shows up on moderator's inbox.

Thoughts?

I haven't tried a moderated list yet, but have another serious issue. My largest List with 600+ subscribers was set to have Replies go to the address of the person making the post. Instead, replies were also being transmitted to the entire list. Even worse, system warning messages such as "You aren't allowed to post to this mailing list" are also going out to the entire List instead of the moderator or postmaster. I disabled the reply feature and made the list moderated, but subscribers are still getting the failure messages and any replies to them. The Moderator function doesn't appear to be working or these replies wouldn't be going through. After changing it to a moderated list, I haven't received one notice, nor are there ever any messages in queue for approval.

This isn't happening on the smaller lists which all have under 100 subscribers. This is a mission critical List and my only solution is to disable the List until the monthly Newsletter comes out.

The main reason I chose MailEnable Professional was for the Mailing List feature. Is the List module buggy, or is this something that can be fixed?