[SOLVED] Problem with IMAP access

Sasha_
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:55 am

[SOLVED] Problem with IMAP access

Postby Sasha_ » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:02 am

Hi there..

I have installed the Standrad edition of MailEnable because i wanted to test everything before i buy Enterprise version.. So to make a long story short, i made 2 domains and everything was working for like 20 days or so.. IMAP, POP, SMTP.. everything was fine, then yesterday becouse of some reasson i saw that the mail server is not working.. I logged over Remote desktop and found some MailEnable runtime error (i have no idea what it was).. So, i just rebooted the server and everything seemed fine!

After few hours first i noticed on my phone that i am not receiving mails and that it show some kind of communication error.. Then i checked the same thing on my PC and Mac.. Same thing happened.. Over Webmail i see everything including old mails and new ones, but over IMAP i am unable to connect.. POP however works normally..

Does anyone have an idea what could of happen?? Does anyone knows how can i make my mail work again?

Thank you..

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin
Posts: 8340
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:44 am
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Re: Problem with IMAP access

Postby MailEnable-Ian » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:27 am

Hi,

Is the MailEnable IMAP service running at the time your not receiving messages on your mobile device? What version of MailEnable Standard do you have installed? If older than 9.62 then please upgrade and reassess.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

Sasha_
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:55 am

Re: Problem with IMAP access

Postby Sasha_ » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:26 am

Hi there..

Thank you for answering me.. Anywayi solved the problem after a day or two and after searching this and few other forums.. So, if someone has the same problem here is the solution..

So after i noticed that i am not receiving mails on my phone nor computers over IMAP, i rebooted the server one more time but it did not help.. Then i have manually restarted IMAP service, but this also did not work.. Then i tried to restart ALL SERVICES and that seams to be the way to go.. So after all services were restarted, IMAP started working again but with one huge problem.. I was unable to see the old mails, only new mails were shown over IMAP but as i said POP and Webmail were showing me everything.. Also, at that point in time, IMAP folder sync was taking ages to finish, altho i have 2 domains with 20 mailboxes each.. My mail box for example has the standard folders and maybe 5 extra subfolders in INBOX.. All together i think i have around 300Mb of mails.. As i said i just started using MailEnable.. So, for this kind of structure, my folder sync process took around 10 min to finish with like 20 timeouts..

So the final solution that i read here somewhere was to delete index.xml file and reboot the server..

After that everything is running just fine..

I think i am ready for Pro Edition.. :)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests