Internal User Email going to Junk E-Mail folder

bsmith93

Internal User Email going to Junk E-Mail folder

Postby bsmith93 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:57 am

Hi Guys,

I have a strange issue that I'm unable to resolve and I cannot seem to find any similar ones online.

We have an account named leanne.parish and every email she receives from mike.colvin is delivered directly into her Junk E-Mail folder, I have tried adding his account to her whitelist yet this has made no difference.

For the time being I have set up a temporary rule as a workaround to move all emails from mike.colvin into her Inbox, but I feel that this is just a workaround and not a full solution to the problem.

Any possible suggestions or help will be incredibly appreciated! :D

Thanks,

Brad

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Internal User Email going to Junk E-Mail folder

Postby MailEnable-Ian » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:46 am

Hi,

MailEnable only provides one action to mark as message as spam in MailEnable Standard edition. The action is for the SMTP "Reverse DNS/URL blacklisting" option. Navigate within the SMTP properties to the "Reverse DNS blacklisting" tab and check to see if this is enabled and what action is set. If set to "mark as spam" then this will most explain how the message is ending up in the mailboxes "Junk E-Mail" folder as the incoming IP of the remote mail server maybe present on a blacklist or the message contains a URL that is blacklisted. If this is the case then you need to add the inbound connecting IP address to the SMTP whitelist. You can find the inbound IP address by tracing through the SMTP activity log file. Search for the sender from address.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support