Connect ME to multiple outbound servers

sigrob

Connect ME to multiple outbound servers

Postby sigrob » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:19 pm

I was looking for the answer on this question everywhere but not succeeded. Therefore I look for solution how to configure outbound smtp connections to multiple IP addresses responsible for many mail domains. My aim is to gather email flow form many intranet IP hosts (own simple SMTP/POP server) to be able to speak with ME and vice versa. Currently all can sand mail to ME but I can only send to one IP that I entered as SMART HOST.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Connect ME to multiple outbound servers

Postby MailEnable-Ian » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:51 pm

Hi,

Do you mean that you need to configure each domain/post office within MailEnable to smarthost outgoing emails via an external SMTP server? If so then you need to configure the outbound smart host within the post office properties under the "General" tab. You will find an option for "Smarthost all outbound email for post office". Please ensure that your running version 9.54 for this option.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

sigrob

Re: Connect ME to multiple outbound servers

Postby sigrob » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:25 am

Thanks for the answer.
To make it clear I have to say it out loud... so if I have ME default post office as domain.A.com on under specific IP (mypostofice on the picture) you can connect to domain.B.com sitting on diferent IP (routing) just including its IP and domain into IP Bindings window
Image ie. 10.10.10.1 domain.B.com

REMARK: no DNS service is available on the network therefore ME needs to know somehow all IP addresses of peer SMTP/POP servers on the network (domain.B.com to domain.Z.com)