Local emails going into spam

deancast

Local emails going into spam

Postby deancast » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:05 am

All emails from users in the same domain name keep going into spam.
Example. Message sent from chiefsellars@clydefd.com to deputychief@clydefd.com keep going into deputychief spam folder.
These are good emails

How can I fix this

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Local emails going into spam

Postby MailEnable-Ian » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:47 am

Hi,

When you say "Spam" folder to you mean the mailboxes folder named "Junk E-Mail" or a folder named "Spam"? Reason I ask is that Standard edition only provides an action to deliver to the mailboxes "Junk E-Mail" folder for the SMTP Reverse DNS blacklisting filter. It does not have any filtering capabilities to create custom filters and actions. Therefore you may have a third party pickup event that is causing this behavior.

To gain a better understanding how the message is being routed or if a third party pickup event is being called inspect the log MTA activity and debug log files and the Post office connector log files.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

deancast

Postby deancast » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:39 am

When chiefsellars@clydefd.com send an email to me at deputychief@clydefd.com and I go login to the webmail and look at the spam folder all his messages appear there.

Dean

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Postby MailEnable-Ian » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:49 pm

Hi,

Ok have you traced within the log files to determine how the messages are being delivered to the mailboxes spam folder?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

deancast

Postby deancast » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:23 pm

Yes
All it says is the message has been delivered to userboc deputychief\inbox but it gets put into the spam folder. Not junk folder. I delete the spam folder and it comes back.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Postby MailEnable-Ian » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:42 am

Hi,

MailEnable does not create a folder named "Spam". You must have a third party application doing this or the mailbox may have a plugin installed in their email client (Outlook, Thunderbird etc) where it detects spam and creates a folder named "spam" and moves the messages into folder via IMAP.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support