Run-time error '339'

WildWalker

Run-time error '339'

Postby WildWalker » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:57 am

Hello all,

I am trying to run the Mail Enable Backup and Restore utility. The utility runs, and I can specify a backup set, but then I get the following error pop up.

Run-time error '339';

Component 'mscomctl.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly
registered; a file is missing or corrupt.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Alan.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Run-time error '339'

Postby MailEnable-Ian » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:12 am

Hi,

Try re-registering the mscomctl.OCX component under the Windows SysWow64 (64bit WIndows) or System32 (32bit Windows) folder? Open up a Windows command that is "Run as administrator" as type the following:

1. cd C:\Windows\SysWow64
2. Regsvr32 mscomctl.OCX

Once you have registered the component navigate within the MailEnable installation path to the BIN folder and locate the meinstaller.exe utility. Execute the utility and run the option to "Re-register the MMC components"
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

WildWalker

Postby WildWalker » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:51 pm

When I run the command (from an Admin command prompt) I get the error

Regsvr32 mscomctl.OCX

server 2012 the module mscomctl.ocx was loaded but the call to dllregisterserver failed with the error code 0x8002801c

This is on Server 2012

Best Regards,
Alan.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Postby MailEnable-Ian » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:00 am

Hi,

Try this: http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?719985-module-c-\windows\syswow64\mscomctl.ocx-was-loaded-but-the-call-to-DLLRegisterServer
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

WildWalker

Postby WildWalker » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:18 pm

Thanks for the reply Ian, however I have tried these suggestions already. No matter, all I want to do is a backup so I can move MailEnable from a testbed to a proper server, can I just do a manual backup? if so, what files/folders do I need to backup?

Best Regards,
Alan.

WildWalker

Postby WildWalker » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:32 pm

Actually, forget that last request, it seems that even though 'run as Administrator' was ticked in Windows 8.1, it was not infact running as Administrator, which is why regsvr32 fails.

For anyone reading this, the following is how to open, and check that, a command window is running as an Administrator.

Access Run from the Apps screen or press the WINDOWS and R keys together with your keyboard.

Type the following in the Open text box and then press or click the OK button.

taskmgr

This will open Task Manager.

In Task Manager, press or click File and then Run new task.

The Create new task window will appear.

Note: Don't see the File menu? Click or press on the More details arrow at the bottom of the Task Manager window to show a more advanced view of the program, including the File menu.

In the Open text box, type the following:

cmd

...but don't do anything else just yet.

Check the Create this task with administrative privileges. box.

Note: Don't see this box? That means that your Windows 8 account is setup as a standard account, not an administrator account. Your account must have administrator privileges to be able to open an elevated Command Prompt this way. You'll need to follow the Short Way described above, or use Tip #2 below with a keyboard.

Now click or press on OK and then follow whatever User Account Control requirements appear next.

An elevated Command Prompt window will now appear, allowing unrestricted access to executing commands in Windows 8.
Tips:

There's a very easy way to tell if the Command Prompt window you've opened is elevated or not:

Elevated: The window title says Administrator: Command Prompt
Not Elevated: The window title says Command Prompt only

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Postby MailEnable-Ian » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:21 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Ian, however I have tried these suggestions already. No matter, all I want to do is a backup so I can move MailEnable from a testbed to a proper server, can I just do a manual backup? if so, what files/folders do I need to backup?

Best using the method explained here: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=me020073
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

amuguersia

Postby amuguersia » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Thank you MailEnable-Ian it worked for me. just Perfect.