Occasional Missing Email with Outlook 2016

MartyScIV

Occasional Missing Email with Outlook 2016

Postby MartyScIV » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:43 pm

We have a dozen or so Outlook 2016 users (w/ Windows 10) with the MailEnable Connector (2.72) talking to MailEnable Enterprise Premium (2.75) running on Windows 2012 R2. Many users are also using ActiveSync with their phones as well as on their Windows 10 desktop and report that email to their phone is fairly instantaneous and emails to their desktop can take 20-30 seconds and sometimes over 2-5 minutes. And 1-2 a day never make it to their Outlook 2016 at all. If they close Outlook and reload it then all their email appears. Some are in the habit now of unloading and reloading Outlook couple times a day and some keep their phone near them to verify they got everything.

Is there some tips on troubleshooting this? I've tried removing all of the plug-ins that don't serve a purpose. I just removed the plug-in that did their Anti-virus as a test and it didn't cure it 100% although some reported better performance. The 30 second delay is not a major issue but the couple emails a day that never appear until you reload Outlook are concerning.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Marty

MartyScIV

Re: Occasional Missing Email with Outlook 2016

Postby MartyScIV » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:17 pm

UPDATE: Did some more research. It also appears that the client occasionally doesn't update the server with "msg read" data. When I close Outlook 2016, wait a moment, and then reload, it not only picks up one or more new emails from the past, it will turn a couple emails from read to unread. Again, I am talking about 1 out of 50 emails perhaps (seem random) so it's more of a nuisance currently--but my concern is that one day it will be an important email that is the one that Outlook decides to skip. How can I troubleshoot this communication issue between client and server? What log files should I be looking at? Is there documentation I should be reading on this?

Thanks,
Marty

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Postby MailEnable-Ian » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:30 am

Hi,

Please update the client machine to the following MAPI connector which contains various sync fixes relating to flags and notifications. The 2.73 connector is a release candidate which will be available in the upcoming weeks.

http://www.mailenable.com/beta/mesetup273.exe
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

MartyScIV

Postby MartyScIV » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:24 pm

Thanks, Ian!

I will check it out and report back.

Marty

PJCAfonso

Postby PJCAfonso » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi all

Last week we was confronted by some users on all postoffices on our server, they lose some folders on they computers, with outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016.

We already try to add subscribing that folders, but we have on server directory of each postoffice\user, but we can't see on subscribe/unsubscribe folders, on each users.

We also check the permission on server of all forder that are missing on list on MAPI folders, and check with other that appear on that list.

we try to run on server the "RebuildDirStructure,vbs" with no sucess.

Anyone can advice what can we do to solve this problem.